3G workshops comes back to kissimmee florida!
Join 3G Workshops in Kissimmee, Florida for an aviation photography experience built for all skill levels! We will be hosting a ground photography workshop at Warbird Adventures, along with an Air-to-air photography experience.
workshops at this event:
The day will start at around 10AM with Doug Glover kicking off the classes with a quick overview of Flightline Safety, covering what you need to know to safely work on Warbird Adventures' flightline during the day's events. Tony Granata will then cover some photography basics to ensure that all of the workshop attendees are able to maximize the capabilities of their cameras during the photoshoot. Photographers will then be turned loose to start photographing the aircraft collection, along with the interior of the B-17 "The Movie Memphis Belle"! Lunch will be served during a break in the shooting - but the action will pick up shortly afterward. The subjects of the air to air photo event will be starting up throughout the afternoon, and photographers will have several opportunities to capture them with engines turning. After the last flight of the day departs, Tony will teach a class covering sunset photography techniques and planning so that you can be successful during the evening's photo shoot and on your own in the future.
Once the light becomes golden, photographers will head back out to the ramp where the evening's subjects are located. We will practice the sunset shooting techniques covered earlier and the 3G instructors will be on hand to assist you with any questions you have.
After the sun sets, the group will gather around the subjects for the twilight shoot where Tony will demonstrate light painting and Doug will use off-camera flash techniques. Attendees are encouraged to move between the two twilight shoots to maximize their learning during the evening. We will conclude our shooting approximately one hour after sunset (around 8PM) and depart the flightline. Anyone wishing to meet up with Doug and Tony afterwards for a quick debrief of the photoshoot over dinner and drinks is welcome to do so, but it is by no means mandatory!
- Off-camera lighting for twilight and night photography. (Both light-painting and strobe photography)
What is included
- Admission to the Warbird Adventures aircraft collection
- Lunch and refreshments during the workshop
- Hands-on assistance and techniques from 3G team
- Exclusive sunset photography photo sessions and lessons
- One-on-one photography instruction, tailored to YOUR skill level
- Access to vintage aircraft as photo subjects
Air to Air experience
At the start of the day, Doug and Tony will share some of their air-to-air photography techniques, so that you are armed with the skills you need to maximize your time in the aircraft. Doug will also cover basic safety procedures for the day's flights and equipment loadout. When the event breaks for lunch, Tony and Doug will available to provide any additional knowledge you require before starting the day’s preparations for flight operations.
The flight briefing for the operation will start immediately after lunch, and all air-to-air participants are required to attend and listen to the coordination required to make the day’s events happen safely and smoothly. Upon completion of the flight briefing, all of the air-to-air participants will head out to the photoship for an orientation to the aircraft and to observe the first flight being harnessed and strapped in prior to engine start.
- B-17 "The Movie Memphis Belle"
- Nanchang CJ-6s
Each photo flight will be approximately 45 minutes of time airborne, with several subject aircraft posing for the photographers over a variety of beautiful Flordia scenery. During the flight, you will be shooting out the back of the photoship, which is a perspective you won’t often get in an air-to-air formation flight. Once the aircraft are all back “in the chocks” and shutdown, the air-to-air photography teams will switch out and prepare for the next flying event.
- Safety Harnesses – Your safety during our event is our #1 priority. As a result we provide high-quality aviation harnesses that we maintain and inspect to ensure that they are ready for use on each of our flights.
- Camera Lanyards – We require that your cameras be lanyarded to you for the flight, and we are happy to provide this equipment to you during the event.
What is included
- One air-to-air photo flight with subject aircraft.
- One-on-one instruction tailored to YOUR photographic skill level.
What is not included
- Transportation to and from Kissimmee, Florida
- Lodging - If you are attending the workshop, 3G Aviation Media is working on a group rate with several hotels in the Kissimmee area. More info will be posted as it is arranged.